Foote Manufacturing Company
The Foote Manufacturing Co. was established by Chester and Charles Foote in 1898 in Nunda, New York to produce concrete equipment.
In 1896, Chester T. Foote and Charles E. Foote of Nunda, New York, built a hand-cranked concrete mixer that was considered a significant improvement over machines then on the market. They perfected the mixer, powered by a Lambert gas engine, in 1898, and founded the Foote Manufacturing Company in Nunda in 1903.
The company was reorganized as Foote Company, Inc. in 1918. Around the same time a sales office was established in Chicago, Illinois under the name of the Foote Concrete Machinery Company. This name was changed to Multifoote Sales Company on 1928 sales literature. However, in 1931 literature lists only The Foote Company in Nunda, along with a directory of sales reps and dealers; Chicago was covered by the dealer G. F. Lowe Company.
Charles E. Foote and chief engineer George E. Blood perfected the crawler-mounted dry batch paver in 1918, and dubbed it the Multifoote.
Adnun Manufacturing Company was established as a subsidiary in 1930 to produce the first free-traveling asphalt paver.
The company was acquired by Blaw-Knox Company in 1948. Blaw-Knox kept the Nunda plant open until 1955, when it consolidated its manufacturing at Mattoon, Illinois.
 External Links
- Historical Construction Equipment Association archives
- More information on Foote Manufacturing Company is available in Issue 66 of Equipment Echoes, which is a quarterly publication of the Historical Construction Equipment Association