THINK YOU'RE AN EQUIPMENT EXPERT? TAKE THE RITCHIEWIKI QUIZ & FIND OUT.
Submit your own questions (with answers) to firstname.lastname@example.org so they can be used for future quizzes.
Please include your name and business so you can take credit for the question.
RitchieWiki Quiz 48
1. Which of the following Terex all terrain cranes come standard with an eight section boom?
2. What is the standard swing speed for a Tigercat 230C log loader?
a. 6 RPM
b. 9 RPM
c. 8 RPM
d. 11 RPM
3. What is the standard number of pads on a Dynapac CA121PD vibratory compactor?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 48 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 47
1. Which of the following John Deere 4WD tractors comes standard with a 375 horsepower engine?
2. What is the standard moldboard width of a New Holland F170 motor grader?
a. 14 feet (4.3 m)
b. 13 feet (4.0 m)
c. 12 feet (3.7 m)
d. 15 feet (4.6 m)
3. Which of the following Caterpillar wheel dozers comes standard with a C18 ACERT engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 47 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 46
1. Which of the following Caterpillar motor scrapers comes standard with a 3406 engine?
2. What is the maximum working height of a Genie GS2646 scissor lift?
a. 21.7 feet (6.6 m)
b. 25.6 feet (7.8 m)
c. 32.5 feet (9.9 m)
d. 38.5 feet (11.8 m)
3. Which of the following John Deere skid steer loaders come standard with a five cylinder turbocharged engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 46 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 45
1. Which of the following John Deere sprayers comes standard with a maximum booth width of 100 feet (30.5 m)?
2. What is the standard track gauge on a Komatsu PC10-2 mini excavator?
a. 1.5 feet (45 cm)
b. 2.5 feet (77 cm)
c. 3.5 feet (108 cm)
d. 4.5 feet (137 cm)
3. Which of the following New Holland telescopic forklifts has a standard maximum lift capacity of 6,614 pounds (3,000 kg)?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 45 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 44
1. Barber-Greene, a Caterpillar paving equipment company, was originally founded in what year?
2. What is the standard blade height of Caterpillar D11R crawler tractor?
a. 100.4 inches (255 cm)
b. 93.3 inches (237 cm)
c. 98.7 inches (250.7 cm)
d. 89.6 inches (227.6 cm)
3. What is the standard gross horsepower for a John Deere 9630T 4WD tractor?
a. 460 hp
b. 510 hp
c. 590 hp
d. 530 hp
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 44 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 43
1. Western Star is a Canadian manufacturing company focused in which of the following industries?
2. Which of the following John Deere combines comes standard with a feeding conveyer width of 65.5 inches (166.4 cm)?
a. 9660 WTS
b. 9670 STS
c. 9760 STS
d. 9770 STS
3. Which of the following Terex asphalt pavers comes standard with a Cummins 6BTAA5.9 engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 43 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 42
1. In what year was Caterpillar Inc. established?
2. Which of the following Komatsu crawler tractors comes standard with a Cummins NH220-CI engine?
3. Which of the following New Holland motor graders comes standard with a 12-foot (3.7 m) moldboard?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 42 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 41
1. 1. Popular crane manufacturer Manitowoc is based in what U.S. state?
b. New Mexico
c. North Dakota
2. Which of the following Grove hydraulic truck cranes comes standard with a two-section boom?
3. The Caterpillar D11R crawler tractor comes standard with which of the following engines?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 41 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 40
1. Who founded the popular German crane manufacturer Liebherr?
a. Rudolph Liebherr
b. Hans Liebherr
c. Joseph Liebherr
d. Frederick Liebherr
2. Which of the following Grove all terrain cranes comes standard with a fully automatic transmission?
3. Which of the following New Holland skid steer loaders comes standard with a three-cylinder engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 40 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 39
1. Popular skid steer loader manufacturer Bobcat is based out of what U.S. state?
b. North Dakota
2. Which of the following Bobcat skid steer loaders comes standard with a Kubota V1505 engine?
3. Which of the following Hitachi hydraulic excavators comes standard with an undercarriage with 46 shoes per side?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 39 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 38
1. Commercial development of truck tractors began in the 1910s. What was the name of the truck designer who constructed a gasoline-powered truck-tractor to pull a modified horse-drawn wagon?
a. Viktor Schreckengost
b. Leland James
c. Johan Theofron Munktell
d. Charles Martin
2. What is the name of the 1993 product enhancement developed by heavy-duty manufacturer Peterbilt in which the cab and sleeper were joined as a single structure?
a. Unibilt Cab Sleeper System
c. Sleep ‘n Cab Design
d. Peterbilt 2-in-1
3. What is the net horse power of a Mack AI-300A engine (used in Mack’s 2004 CV712 models)?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 38 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 37
1. Popular agricultural equipment manufacturer Massey Ferguson was originally founded under the name Newcastle Foundry and Machine Manufactory. In what Canadian province was this company established?
2. Which of the following John Deere crawler loaders comes standard with a 4045T engine?
3. Which of the following Caterpillar motor scrapers has a standard fuel capacity of 215 gallons (814 L)?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 37 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 36
1. Popular Japanese heavy equipment manufacturer Komatsu can date its roots back to what decade?
2. Which of the following Grove hydraulic truck cranes comes standard with a Cummins V555-C230 engine?
3. What is the standard turning radius of a Komatsu WA50-3 wheel loader?
a. 12.5 ft (3.8 m)
b. 12.1 ft (3.7 m)
c. 10.5 ft (3.2 m)
d. 13.4 ft (4.1 m)
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 36 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 35
1. Popular equipment manufacturer Dynapac, originally named AB Vibro Betong, was founded in what decade?
2. Which of the following Caterpillar asphalt pavers has a maximum paving width of 20-feet (6.1 metres)?
3. What is the standard moldboard width of a Komatsu GD625A-1 motor grader?
a. 10 ft (3.0 m)
b. 16 ft (4.9 m)
c. 14 ft (4.3 m)
d. 12 ft (3.7 m)
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 35 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 34
1. Demag, one of the world’s leading crane manufacturers, was founded more than 150 years ago in what European country?
2. Which of the following Genie boom lifts comes standard with a Ford DSG 423 engine?
3. What is the standard horsepower of a Bobcat S130 skid steer loader?
a. 46 hp
b. 33.5 hp
c. 56 hp
d. 60 hp
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 34 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 33
1. Popular equipment automobile and heavy equipment manufacturer Volvo was founded in what year?
2. The Morenci Copper Mine, one of the world’s largest open pit copper mines, is located in what US state?
d. New Mexico
3. Which of the following Caterpillar articulated dump trucks comes standard with a 3306 engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 33 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 32
1. Popular truck manufacturer Freightliner can dates its origins back to 1929, when it was originally founded as Consolidated Freight Lines in what U.S. state?
d. North Dakota
2. The Nurek Dam stands 984 ft (300 m) tall and is considered one of the largest rockfill dams in the world. In what continent is it located?
b. South America
d. North America
3. Which of the following dump trucks comes standard with an Allison 1000 HS transmission?
a. International 4200 4x2 (2004)
b. International 4300 4x3 (2004)
c. Volvo FH 4x2 (2005)
d. Volvo FH16 4x2 (2005)
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 32 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 31
1. BOMAG, the popular German compactor manufacturer, was founded in what decade?
2. The San Luis Dam is one of the largest dams in the United States, in what state is it located?
b. South Dakota
d. North Dakota
3. Which of the following John Deere crawler tractors comes standard with a powershift transmission?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 31 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 30
1. Liebherr, a popular Germany-based crane manufacturer, was founded in what decade?
2. The Willis Tower is located in what US city?
a. New York
c. Los Angeles
3. Which of the following Komatsu hydraulic excavators comes standard with a four cylinder engine?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 30 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 29
1. Which U.S. crane manufacturer mounted the first crane on crawler tracks?
c. Northwest Engineering
d. Manitowoc Shipbuilding Co.
2. What is the length of Turkey’s major transportation infrastructure upgrade better known as the Marmaray Project?
a. 70 km (approx. 43 miles)
b. 80 km (approx. 50 miles) (287 L)
c. 78 km (approx. 48 miles) (330 L)
d. 76 km (approx. 47 miles)
3. Name the evaporate mineral that is used in home or building construction for the formation of drywall panels or sheetrock.
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 29 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 28
1. Global engine manufacturer Deutz AG was established in the late 1800s in Germany, which famous engine inventor was an essential part of its formation?
a. Rudolf Diesel
b. James Watt
c. George Stephenson
d. Nicolaus Otto
2. What is the standard fuel capacity of a Caterpillar 214B mobile excavator?
a. 56.8 gal (215 L)
b. 75.8 gal (287 L)
c. 87.2 gal (330 L)
d. 81.9 gal (310 L)
3. Who invented the aerial work platform?
a. John Grove
b. Jerome Case
c. John Morgan
d. Joseph Bamford
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 28 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 27
1. Freightliner is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty commercial trucks. What was the company’s original name?
a. Corporate Freightways
b. Consolidating Freight
c. Consolidated Freight Lines
d. Freightways Trucks
2. Which of the following Landini agricultural tractors comes standard with a Perkins 1103C-33 engine?
a. Powerfarm 60
b. Powerfarm 75
c. Powerfarm 85
d. Powerfarm 95
3. In what types of construction projects would you typically see a creeper crane being used?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 27 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 26
1. Case Corporation is one of the oldest American equipment manufacturers. In what decade was Case founded?
2. Which of the following New Holland motor graders has a standard moldboard width of 13 feet (4 metres)?
3. Who developed the first feller buncher?
a. Erv Drott
b. William Ewart
c. Jorn Utzon
d. George Westinghouse
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 26 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 25
1. BOMAG is a leading compaction manufacturer, where is the company based?
a. The Netherlands
2. Which of the following John Deere hydraulic excavators comes standard with a John Deere 6619A engine?
a. 992D LC
b. 240D LC
3. Who invented the first modern excavator?
a. William Otis
b. Gottlieb Daimler
c. Harry Ferguson
d. Nicolaus Otto
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 25 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 24
1. In what year did Bell Equipment release its first articulated dump truck, the B25A?
2. Which of the following Caterpillar articulated dump trucks comes standard with a Caterpillar 3406 engine?
3. What company introduced the first self-propelled grader?
a. McCormick Deering
b. Galion Iron Works Manufacturing Co.
c. Russell Grader Manufacturing Co.
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 24 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 23
1. Heavy equipment manufacturer Manitou was founded in what European country?
a. United Kingdom
d. d. Belgium
2. Which of the following Dynapac asphalt pavers comes standard with a Deutz engine?
3. In what year did Caterpillar introduce its 246 skid steer loader?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 23 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 22
1. What was the first piece of equipment the German-based manufacturer Liebherr ever produced?
a. Hydraulic Excavator
c. Wheel Loader
d. Tower Crane
2. Which of the following Massey Ferguson four-wheel drive tractors comes standard with an 89 horsepower Perkins engine?
3. In what year did Caterpillar introduce its 972H wheel loader?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 22 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 21
1. The Illinois-based company Manitex specializes in manufacturing what type of equipment?
a. Crawler Tractors
b. Dump Trucks
c. Lift Trucks
2. Which of the following Case crawler tractors comes standard with a six-cylinder engine?
a. 1850K LGP
b. 550H LGP
c. 750H LGP
d. 650K LGP
3. In what year did Caterpillar introduce its 825B compactor?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 21 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 20
1. The Germany-based manufacturer Putzmeister is synonymous with what type of heavy equipment?
a. Earth-moving equipment
b. Concrete equipment
c. Forestry equipment
d. Material handling equipment
2. What is the standard overall length of a Bell B30D articulated dump truck?
a. 31.4 ft (9.6 m)
b. 35.4 ft (10.8 m)
c. 33.7 ft (10.3 m)
d. 30.6 ft (9.3 m)
3. In what decade did Caterpillar introduce its first motor scraper, the DW-10?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 20 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 19
1. In what country was Bell Equipment founded?
a. South Africa
2. Which of the following Massey Ferguson tractors comes standard with a Perkins engine?
3. A shuttle car is commonly used in what industry?
b. Material Handling
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 19 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 18
1. Who founded the truck manufacturer Freightliner?
a. James Black
b. Howard Lainer
c. Leland James
d. Peter Fryer
2. Which of the following Komatsu crawler tractors has an 88.8-inch (255.6-cm) track gauge?
3. An articulated lorry is another name for what machine?
a. Hydraulic Excavator
b. Feller Buncher
c. Mobile Crane
d. Truck Tractor
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 18 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 17
1. Case Corp. was founded in what state?
2. A Caterpillar D9R has what type of engine?
3. In what country is equipment manufacturer JCB based?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 17 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 16
1. Volvo is latin for what?
b. I roll
c. We move
2. Who was the founder of Vermeer Manufacturing?
a. Frederick Vermeer
b. Gustaf Vermeer
c. Gary Vermeer
d. Paul Vermeer
3. In which of these specific situations would you use a turret truck?
a. For lifting extremely heavy loads
b. Only for carrying very light loads
c. In dark spaces because of its high-powered lights
d. In tight spaces because of its small frame
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 16 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 15
1. Ford Motor Co. was founded in what year?
2. Jethro Tull is best known for inventing what?
a. Hammer Mill
b. Threshing Machine
c. Seed Drill
d. Progressive rock
3. What company introduced the first rough terrain crane in 1959?
a. Clark Michigan
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 15 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 14
1. John Deere’s son Charles took over the family business at what age?
2. Who developed the first motor scraper?
a. Benjamin Holt
b. Eugene Clark
c. Robert LeTourneau
d. Solomon Dresser
3. Which Asian skyscraper’s design is based on pagodas, bamboo and the number 8?
a. Taipei 101
b. Petronas Twin Towers
c. Jin Mao Tower
d. Shanghai World Financial Center
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 14 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 13
1. Caterpillar pioneer Benjamin Holt originally founded what company?
a. Holt Tractor Manufacturing Co.
b. Holt Bros. Casting Corp.
c. Stockton Wheel Co.
d. Orange Motors Inc.
2. What is special about a kangaroo crane?
a. Can easily transport themselves from site to site
b. Can raise themselves higher as construction heights increase
c. Can lift more than any other type of crane
d. All of the above
3. During a soccer match, how many people can Wembley Stadium hold?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 13 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 12
1. ASV Inc. was founded by the pioneers of what type of machine?
a. Skid steer loaders
c. Table saw
d. Trash compactor
2. A skidder is most commonly used to haul what?
b. Waste materials
d. Other equipment
3. In what country are the Petronas Twin Towers located?
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 12 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 11
1. What major equipment manufacturer established the Challenger brand of tractors?
a. John Deere
c. AGCO Corp.
2. What famous landmark/building was originally affixed with a mooring mast for a dirigible (blimp)?
a. Empire State Building
b. CN Tower
c. Eiffel Tower
d. Willis Tower (aka. Sears Tower)
3. What is another name for a wrecking bar?
a. Pry bar
b. Pinch bar
c. Ripping bar
d. All of the above
4. A feller buncher is commonly used in what industry?
5. Who founded the popular engine manufacturer, Cummins Inc.?
a. Clessie Lyle Cummins
b. Harley Taylor Cummins
c. William Irwin Cummins
d. Frederick John Cummins
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 11 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 10
1. Who is the founder of Freightliner?
a. Hugh Line
b. Leland James
c. Carl Johnson
d. Ian Somerhauld
2. The Itaipu Dam is located in what continent?
a. South America
b. North America
3. What are the two types of asphalt plants?
a. Full and half
b. Liquid and solid
c. Batch and Drum
d. Tyde and Bull
4. The Burj Khalifa was formerly known by what name?
a. Burj Al Arab
b. Burj Doha
c. Burj Al Alam
d. Burj Dubai
5. What is a mattock?
a. A landscaping tool, similar to a pick axe
b. A special type of ladder
c. A tool to help lift large pieces of concrete
d. A small farming vehicle
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 10 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 9
1. Kenworth’s name combines of the company’s two original principle stockholders’ names, what are they?
a. Ken Hart & Harry Worth
b. Harry Kent & Edgar Worthington
c. Kent Hart & Philip Worth
d. Philip Kent & Fredrick Worthington
2. Who invented the three-point hitch?
a. Harry W. Leonard
b. J. Don Brock
c. Harry Ferguson
d. John P. Morgan
3. What is a sideloader?
a. A tractor truck that loads from the side
b. An attachment for a wheel loader
c. A forklift with side-mounted forks
d. A rock truck that loads from the side
4. The word tractor is adapted from the Latin word trahere, meaning what?
a. To pull
b. To move
c. To farm
d. To dig
5. Robert G. LeTourneau was born in the same U.S. state as fellow industrial pioneer John Deere, which state is this?
a. New Hampshire
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 9 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 8
1. Liebherr was founded in what European country?
2. What is the world’s tallest building?
a. Burj Khalifa
b. Taipei 101
c. Petronas Towers
d. Willis Tower (aka Sears Tower)
3. What does a tack tractor do?
a. Transports fertilizer to crops
b. Levels crops for new seeds
c. Transports large pieces of construction equipment
d. Welds together sections of pipe
4. What is silage?
a. A binding material for asphalt
b. A feed for farm livestock
c. A type of fertilizer
d. A part of an engine
5. Barber-Greene was founded by which two construction pioneers?
a. Peter Barber & Kelsey Greene
b. Gary Barber & Harry Greene
c. Bill Barber & Philip Greene
d. Harry Barber & William Greene
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 8 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 7
1. John Deere was born in what U.S. state?
2. What is the world’s largest dam?
a. Hoover Dam
b. Itaipu Dam
c. Three Gorges Dam
d. Grand Coulee Dam
3. A machine with zero tail swing means what?
a. The machine can rotate within the width of its tracks
b. The machine cannot swing at all
c. The machine can rotate to the left or right
d. The machine can only rotate while moving
4. Komatsu is based out of what country?
5. What does a pavement profiler do?
a. Lays new asphalt onto the road
b. Digs a trench in asphalt pavement to lay pipes underneath
c. Levels newly laid asphalt on the road
d. Grinds old asphalt off the road for recycling
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 7 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 6
1. Who founded JLG Industries?
a. James Leonard Greenbrook
b. John Lipowitz Gravinsky
c. John Landis Grove
d. James Luke Gordon
2. What does the term scarify mean?
a. To trim the sides of a hedge/tree
b. To break up the surface of topsoil or pavement
c. To scare someone by jumping at them
d. To sort through various types of aggregate material
3. What does TOPS stand for?
a. Tip over protection system
b. Top operating piece specification
c. Tractor on push stand
d. Top over protection structure
4. Who invented the first mechanical reaper/harvester?
a. Cyrus H. McCormick
b. Jerome I. Case
c. Les P. Melroe
d. James L. Robbins
5. What does a screen plant do?
a. Separates and filters used and new pavement
b. Separates and filters good asphalt from poor quality asphalt
c. Separates and filters various types of wood chips
d. Separates and filters different sizes of rock material
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 6 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 5
1. Case construction equipment takes its name from what equipment pioneer?
a. Mark Hayden Case
b. Jerome Increase Case
c. John Howard Case
d. Michael Ian Case
2. A baghouse is used with what piece of equipment?
b. Forage Harvester
c. Asphalt plant
d. Cement Mixer
3. What does COE stand for?
a. Company operated equipment
b. Car over engine
c. Crawler operated equipment
d. Cab over engine
4. Construction on the Hoover Dam began in what year?
5. What is the Chicago Testing Laboratory was designed to test?
a. Quality of a tractor
b. Quality of a hydraulic excavator
c. Quality of silage
d. Quality of asphalt
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 5 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 4
1. Who were the two pioneers of Caterpillar?
a. John and Peter Caterpillar
b. Benjamin Holt and Daniel Best
c. Daniel Best and John Caterpillar
d. Benjamin Holt and Peter Caterpillar
2. JCB is synonymous with what piece of construction equipment?
b. Telescopic forklift
c. Loader backhoe
d. All-terrain crane
3. In what year was the Brooklyn Bridge completed?
4. What does FOPS stand for?
a. Field order picker system
b. Flow operating piece specification
c. Falling object protection system
d. Front operated precision steering
5. What is the difference between a skid steer loader and a multi terrain loader?
a. Size of the bucket
b. Skid steers can only work on paved surfaces
c. Skid-steers only go in one direction
d. Skid steers have wheels; multi terrain loaders have tracks
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 4 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 3
1. Who founded JCB?
a. John Charles Bishop
b. James Calvin Bobby
c. John Charles Baird
d. Joseph Cyril Bamford
2. Bobcat is synonymous with what piece of construction equipment?
a. Skid Steer Loader
c. All terrain vehicle
d. Wheel Loader
3. John Deere's company Deere & Co. was founded in what year?
4. Crawler tracks with Vickers suspension create the shape of what letter?
5. What is a fifth wheel?
a. Type of pick-up truck
b. A wagon
c. A spare tire
d. Coupling device
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 3 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 2
1. Who invented the skid steer loader?
a. Skip & Peter Lockhart
b. Cyril & Louis Keller
c. Charles & Edward Holt
d. Philip & Matthew Bobcat
2. Genie Industries is best known for manufacturing what type of equipment?
a. Magic lamps
c. Loader backhoes
d. Aerial work platforms
3. What is a tack coat?
a. Protective covering for wheel loaders
b. Cheap protective layer of sheet metal
c. Thin layer of bitumen used to bond an existing surface and hot-mix asphalt overlay
d. A large blanket used with horse-driven combines
4. Which of the following represents crab steering?
5. What is shotcrete?
a. Concrete sprayed pneumatically
b. Concrete distributed via gunpowder
c. Concrete injected with sand
d. Concrete fortified with petroleum
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 2 Answers
RitchieWiki Quiz 1
1. Henry Ford's first mass produced tractors were called Fordson because:
a. He thought the name was more memorable
b. He named them in honor of his first son
c. They were actually built by his son
d. Another company had already taken the Ford name
2. How did Caterpillar get its name?
a. Named after founders John and Peter Caterpillar
b. Their yellow machines were the same color as caterpillars in the area
c. Their machines were described as moving like caterpillars
d. The founders both had caterpillar farms when they were kids
3. What was the first skid steer loader used for?
a. Cleaning up turkey manure
b. Moving rocks in a quarry
c. Loading coal
d. Digging trenches
4. Terex is Latin for what?
a. Earth transport
b. Earth king
c. Sow the earth
d. Quality earth
5. What is a moldboard?
a. Provides support for tracked vehicles in the snow
b. Metal apparatus used to shape attachments
c. Blade attachment for cutting and leveling soil
d. An auger-like attachment used to break soil
Think you got everything right? Check RitchieWiki Quiz 1 Answers